|© Sherri Pettit, UE|
Information and images found on this website may NOT be sold, copied or distributed without prior written permission. Thank you
The Becvar Family
Alois BECVAR b: 1830 Bohemia d: 1897 Park River, ND. Married Mary __ b: 1840 Bohemia d: 1918 Edmore District, SK.|
1. Augustina "Gustie" BECVAR b: 1867 Prague, Bohemia d: 1946 CA. Married John Kaufenberg 1886 MN b: 1863 Luxembourg d: 1937 CA
2. Amelia BECVAR b: 1870 Bohemia d: 1912 Foam Lake, SK. Married Joseph Paul Rippel 1889 b: 1863 Columbus, OH d: 1948 Rokeby, SK.
3. Lena BECVAR b: Bohemia d: aft 1928-29 in SK or BC (Lena was crippled as a small child in Bohemia by a winch. She was placed in a convalescent home in SK or BC after the death of her mother in 1918)
4. Henik BECVAR d: BC
5. William BECVAR
6. Louie BECVAR b: 1877 New York City, NY d: 1927 Saskatoon, SK. Married Gertrude "Gertie" Freeston 1910 Edmore District, SK b: 1885 England d: 1944 Saskatoon, SK
7. Mary Rose Anna BECVAR b: 1881 New York City, NY d: 1980 Saskatoon, SK. Married William George Bacon 1900 ND b: 1872 d: 1934 Saskatoon, SK
The BECVAR family emigrated from Bohemia (perhaps Prague?) about 1873 to New York City where they remained until 1883. They may have moved to Minnesota where Gustie married in 1886. It is unknown when they removed to Parkriver, North Dakota, sometime before 1897. Mary BECVAR moved with her children to Foam Lake, Saskatchewan between 1905-1909. According to family stories, the BECVARs were Gypsies and Alois started the Simon Cigar Company in New York
Known variations of this surname: BEVCAR, BEACVAR, BECIVAR
Further information on this family is appreciated. Send via the e-mail form below.
My BECVAR connection:
Alois BECVAR b: 1830 Bohemia d: 1897 Parkriver, ND|
+ Mary b: 1840 Bohemia died: 1918 Edmore District, SK
...2 Amelia/Emilia Becvar b: 1870 NY m: 1889 d: 1912 SK
...+ Joseph Paul Rippel b: 1863 OH d: 1948 SK
... ...3 Anna Catherine Rippel b: 1890 ND d: 1982 ON
... ...+John Howard Hall b: 1892 ON m: 1912 SK d: 1974 ON
... ... ...4 Nada Lucille Hall b: 1918 SK d: 1991 ON
... ... ...+Douglas Van Norman McGuire b: 1910 ON m: 1942 ON d: 1976 ON
... ... ... ...5 My Mother
... ... ... ... ...6 Me!
Wish to contact me about this family?
Please note that I cannot help anyone in their quest to trace their family tree. There are several very good websites dedicated to helping you learn how to climb your tree. They are far more informative and accessible than I am! Please take advantage of those services. Thanks