Church / Denomination: St. John the Baptist Roman Catholic Church
Registered to R.C.E.C. of Diocese of London. Part of the Heavenly Rest Group of Cemeteries.
This is the third and present site for St John the Baptist Cemetery. The first cemetery was located on Bathurst Street and was destroyed by fire in 1843. The second cemetery was located near the present church site on Brock Street. The gravestone of Violet Semande, who died at age 3 years in 1806 appears to be the oldest headstone. This headstone along with some others were likely moved to the third cemetery.
The land for the current cemetery was purchased on 26 Dec 1857 from Eustache Bastien, but the land wasn't utilized until 1864. Originally 27-3/10 acres were bought at a cost of 500 British pounds. The diocese then sold 23-3/10 acres in 1864 to Joseph Renaud for $850. There remained 4 acres to be used as the cemetery.
During the 20th century additional property has been added to a total of approximately 11 acres. St John the Baptist Cemetery is next to Rose Hill Cemetery, combined they are also referred to as the Amherstburg Cemeteries.
GENEALOGY RESOURCES (Add / Remove a link)
These links are provided for your convenience and may take you to websites that offer products and/or services for sale. CanadaGenWeb's Cemetery Project does not control the content offered - take note of our site design, if it changes you've left this website!
SOURCES / THANKS
Some persons named in this index may not be interred in this cemetery. They are designated as spouse or parent on appropriate stones, and may not have their own birth and death recorded here (See our FAQ).
Women, if maiden names are known, will appear under both their maiden and married names.
This index represents ALL visible headstones still in existence at the time this cemetery was visited
|NASH, Jonathon C 1955 - 1998|
|NAUGLER, Alice Marie 1922 - 2005|
|NAVIN, Patrick 1808 - 1865|
|NEDART?, Jean 1892 - 1944|
|NEDIN, Ron M. "Chip" 1954 - 2008|
|NELSO, Mary Elaine 1923 - 1990|
|NEMETH, Rosalie 1928 - 2008|
|NEPYJWODA, Anna 1928 - 2010|
|NEPYJWODA, Wasyl 1921 - 2008|
|NICHOLLS, Frederick 1884 - 1949|
|NICHOLLS, Thomas 1879 - 1975|
|NICHOLS, Clayton "Nick" 1927 - 1998|
|NICHOLS, Harriet 1925 - 2007|
|NICHOLS, Katharyn "Kitty" 1948 - 1956|
|NICHOLS, Thomas F., Private 1901 - 1967|
|NICHOLSON, Audrey 1926 - 2016|
|NICHOLSON, Audrey (Hindmoor) 1926 - 2016|
|NICHOLSON, Erma C 1877 - 1966|
|NICHOLSON, Eva Marie 1897 - 1976|
|NICHOLSON, Francis P 1876 - 1950|
|NICHOLSON, George F 1931 - 1998|
|NICHOLSON, John R 1891 - 1978|
|NOBLE, Ronald D 1934 - 1995|
|NORTHGRAVE, Frankie D 1967 - 2001|
|NORVELL, Eliza 1869 - 1937|
|NORVELL, Emily V. 1859 - 1918 (age: 59)|
|NORVELL, Mina 1875 - 1908|
|NORVELL, Walker H 1866 - 1943|
|NYE, Louis G 1925 - 1986|
|NYE, Wanita P 1925 - 2003|
Correct a name / Request a removal: Corrections & removal requests can be made using the form found on the name page. From the index above, locate the name in question, click on it, and fill out the form on that page.