Established 1860 when Thomas Webb purchased two acres for $2 from David Buchan of University of Toronto. Descendants of Thomas Webb transferred the land to the Trustee of Salem Cemetery in 1909. Cemetery is separate from the church. Some burials date from the 1840s but may have been transfers from other cemeteries.
Some persons named in this index may not be interred in this cemetery, they are designated as spouse or parent on appropriate stones and may not have their own birth and death recorded here (See our FAQ).
Women, if maiden names are known, will appear under both their maiden and married names.
Section 1 is the only section not photographed.
This index does NOT include every headstone in this cemetery